File Creation How-To's
PLEASE READ THROUGH THE FILE SPECIFICATIONS to review a checklist of requirements before proceeding with the following steps.
1 Setting Up Your Computer
Before you begin, make sure you have installed the DDAP PPD or have created a virtual printer (create a virtual printer ONLY if you are using Quark).
2. Move the DDAP PPD to the following location on your hard drive: HardDrive/library/printers/PPDs/contents/resources/en.lproj
Creating a Virtual Printer
NOTE: Continue ONLY if you are using Quark 6.0 or higher
1. Open the Printer Setup Utility application from the Utilities folder: HD/applications/utilities
2. Click the "Add" icon on the top of the window
3. From the first pull-down menu, select IP Printing
4. In the Printer Address, enter "localhost"
In Queue Name, "name of your virtual printer" (do not use spaces)
5. With the "Printer Model" pull-down menu, choose "other"
6. Locate the newly added DDAP PPD and click "Choose"
7. Finish the process by clicking "Add"
8. The newly added printer will now be listed in the printer list