Online User Profile Study
- More than three-quarters (86.2%) of respondents have a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent or higher.
- The average respondent has been involved in visual communications for 11.7 years.
- 51.8% of respondents indicated they would like to see Online seminars/tutorials available on the Communication Arts Web sites, followed by Industry research (40.2%) and Editorial from the magazine, Communication Arts (39.7%).
- When asked in which areas Communication Arts web sites are their main Internet resource, 60.1% of respondents indicated Career Opportunities, followed by Creative Ideas/Inspiration (57.6%) and Graphic Designers/Firms (43.8%).
- In a typical day, the average respondent spends 3.5 hours online.
41.3% of respondents describe their job title or function as Graphic Designer, followed by Art Director (18.2%) and Creative Director (11.8%).
28.8% of respondents describe the department or firm they work for as Design (including freelance), followed by Advertising (including freelance) (19.7%) and Corporate/In-House Creative (18.3%).
57.6% of respondents described the type of work they do or plan to do as Print Advertising, followed by Corporate Identity/Brand Strategy (52.6%) and Web Site Design/Development (48.5%).