Golden State Of Mind is a national campaign for PacSun; this site serves as its hub, offering campaign content, event information, social feeds, sweepstakes and promotions. It's a rich experience with a constant flow of content that presents a unique, sun-soaked point-of-view that lives and breathes California.
The site is an entertaining mix of videos, playful galleries and fluid visuals and images that offer a seemingly never-ending, visual expression of an energetic colorful brand. Landing on the homepage, visitors are presented with a peek at the latest additions in a dynamic drawer below the branded content and two navigation choices: scroll up or scroll down. The navigation stays locked to the bottom of the browser and can be clicked open at any point.
At the heart of the site is an interactive map that showcases all content, tagged to locations up and down the state. Fashion shoots, brand and event videos, notable places and local insider reviews are pinned by category allowing users to explore the state based on their interests. Street views can be accessed for closer looks and discoveries.
• The site was in development for 2½ months.
• Site content grows daily with contributions from inside the company and its legion of brand ambassadors, bloggers, content creators and correspondents throughout the state.
• The HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, PHP 5.3 site is delivered through an Apache webserver and a content management system that controls the blog, content (photo sets and videos) and homepage experience. Images are resized on-the-fly on the backend using GD2 library in Linux.
• Geared toward an on-the-go audience the site lives across desktop, tablets and mobile devices and all site graphics will be updated seasonally to match the overall brand campaign in stores and print.
• The site is averaging 50,000 unique visits a week.